Monday, November 30, 2009

Send me your good thoughts!


I need them, as I am trying something very adventurous! I have just started the Bat Shawl. Oh, I know I have only been knitting for about 6 months, but I REALLY want this shawl. I bought the yarn online, and it is beautiful, I must say. Here is a photo. Dark variations of purples to dark blues and black. This is the first time I have ever knitted with lace yarn. It is quite the challenge. I had to buy bamboo needles, because the yarn kept sliding off of the aluminum ones I had. I also sharpened the bamboo ones, ( is this allowed?) and now it is soooo much easier to pick up the thread!  I started this yesterday, and it will take me quite a while, I know. Especially, since I have decided to not do anything else while I knit this. Like watch tv or compute. It needs all my attention. So, I just finished Chart A.. and so far so good. I am not saying I didn't make mistakes, but, at least to me, they are not noticeable. And, by the way, how DO those mistakes happen when you are being so very careful? Hmmmm. ? Like I said, send me your good thoughts, I will certainly need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment