Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ravelry Favorite Author/Novel exchange


Good even'ing...(said in a Vampire accent)
My partner in the exchange just received her package, and one of her favorite genres is the vampire novel. So, I created this package based on the Twilight series... mostly.
I made her Bella's hat, a pattern from Ravelry. I am very glad, Jenni said it fit! I actually made another one first, but I thought it was too small, so got some larger yarn and made her a larger one. I also made this vampire bite necklace, which was not my original idea, but the one of meekssandygirl,  but still very cute. I did, however, make up the vampire's kiss ... lips with vampire teeth attached! I crocheted her an apple pincushion, and also tatted her an apple bookmark (Mark Myers' pattern) and a bat bookmark (my own pattern). She also got some Twilight stitch markers I made for her, some patterns, and other goodies as seen in the photo. I am glad she liked everything!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Battatter, Everything is awesome. I'm also hooked on the Twilight series. Love your idea of the apple bookmark and your bat bookmark!! I wondered what the stitch markers were? Is that the little round frame with the twilight pictures? How do you attach them to the knitting? Is there a lobster claw clasp? Cute hat too. I think it's hard to fit someone for a hat. I had a friend crochet me a winter hat, but I have a small (peanut) head. She used a pattern for a young child and it fits me perfectly. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: I'm with Carol. We both enjoy the Twilight Series very much. We have both read the books and we go to the movies with our daughters. Love all the goodies you made for your exchange. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol and Rayanna!
    The stitch markers were little frame charms I found at Hobby Lobby.. I put jump rings on them. The larger sized jump ring fits over the knitting needle and when you get to it, you just transfer it over to the next needle.. and somehow it doesn't get stuck in the knitting. The photos are Bella and Edward, Bella and Jacob, and a Vampire hunter my partner liked named Anita...something. Evidently, they had made the novel into a comic and I got a photo of the comic cover and shrunk it down to fit the frames. The pictures need to be 1/2 inch to fit.

    ReplyDelete