Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween


Uuuunnnnnnnnnnnnn! That is what you say after a Zombie bites a hole in your head!
Here is my "Zombie ate my brain" Hat!!! I am in an exchange group on Ravelry, and found out recently
that they were going to have an Apocalypse/Zombie exchange next year. Well, I thought up this hat for it, and began working on it to see if I could do it. I knitted a basic hat, crocheted a little disk and sewed the disk inside the hat. Turned the hat right side out, and... GASP!... cut the hat open! That was really hard to do, as I had knitted the hat pretty nicely. Then I made brain matter from I-cord, and sewed it to the disk. I sewed little red veins into the brain and blood onto the hat for effect. I know, I know, there is no blood in the brain, but it looks creepier!  Really, I am a "pretty normal" person, but a friend of mine got me hooked on zombie video games a few years ago, so, that is why I thought this would be fuuuuunnnnnnn.
Here Rebel models the Brain Hat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carol, you make the cutest things for Rebel! Love the brain hat.

    ReplyDelete