Monday, October 19, 2009

wooo WHO



Ta dah! I am very proud to present my Owl Gloves! First let me say, this is not my pattern, I got if off of Ravelry. Ok, now...this is the very first pair of gloves I have ever made. And, only the second cable pattern I have ever done.  I know, I know, there are mistakes in the finished product. It seems I can't knit without making mistakes. I really don't know how it happens either! But, they turned out, and I am very pleased with them.  I used 8" double pointed needles, or dpns as they are called. That is sort of long for dpns, but I want to make sure my stitches don't fall off. And, they didn't.  I am thinking of making another pair, to match another coat I have.  There is also an owl sweater I have been eyeing. But, I KNOW I can't make a sweater, so I saw where someone make a poncho like thing from that pattern, so, that is what I am thinking of making. We shall see. Christmas is coming soon, so, I will have to put that project on hold, as I have a couple of Christmas gifts I want to try to make. Anyway... I love my gloves...

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and saying lovely things for my socks and the butterfly bag.
    I'm on ravelry and ever since I've been hooked on to it! The patterns are gorgeous and have already faved so many patterns!
    These are the first pair of socks I made with circular needles...I am really intimidated by dpns....
    Your gloves look very very pretty and warm.
    Thanks again.
    Luv,
    Vinnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a really good job on your mittens Carol. I also like your owl cowl too. YOu keep going on the knitting and just remember I told you there was a pattern for a bat shawl too...If you get going on it now...you could have it done by Halloweenie next year...oh wait...You can wear it to the Christmas dinner you will be having at your house...why wait for Halloweenie to get here...and NOpe I still haven't opened my package yet....I will later on before you leave for your Party tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vinnie, what's your ravelry name, I will add you as a friend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anke! They have other owl patterns too! If you join, or are a member, let me know your Ravelry name and I will add you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherry! Thanks for the post. I will email you now!!

    ReplyDelete