Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Alice Swap on Ravelry.. what I sent..

 The package has arrived, so I can show the stuff here now! Here is the Mad Hatter's hat I crocheted for loopiedoo. It is almost 10" high! I crocheted the top, then bound it off, then crocheted the body of the hat adding it onto the top to make it more squarish. I knitted the band of one of her favorite colors, and finally added the felt label. I then stiffened it with a very thin solution of modpodge. It stands up great, but isn't too hard to wear.
I sent this yarn which was really hard to do, as I fell in love with it when it arrived! I also tatted her a small Cheshire cat, Hat and teapot. She received some other purchase awesome items, too, these wer a few. I will post what I receive, when I receive it!
.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Great hat. I haven't been to see the new movie yet but Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite books. Reading that book when I was younger was when I discovered the book is better than the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great items for your exchange. Love your tatted Cheshire cat! Great job on the design and colors you used!! Looks like you had fun with the exchange! I didn't understand the hat when I saw it a week ago. But now that I have seen the movie, I understand the Style 10/6 note in the hat.

    ReplyDelete