Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What I sent as the Lord of the Rings swap

My spoilee, RainbowConnection, finally got her package, so I can show what I made her here now. I went a little crazy this time.. she liked this scarf, and since it was leafy..and elvish-y, I made it. I need to make myself one now, I thought it was so cool.
I made these Hobbit ears. I saw some online somewhere on Etsy, I think, and made her a pair. I also made the earcuff on the ear you see.
This is meant to be a headband, or, if you pull it down to your neck, a collar to wear over a t-shirt. It has little leaves on it.. see?
These mushrooms, and bookmarks were just for fun.
Here is also another handmade item.. the little wooden box thing in the center. It is like a little wooden sachel, and I wood burned her real name in Elvish on one side, and her computer name, RainbowConnection, in Elvish on the other side. I bought enough yarn for her to make a shawl, as she said she wanted to try that. She also received the other things here.
I haven't received my package yet, nor do I know who it is coming from. I will post here when I get it! Should be pretty soon!

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the leaf scarf, it is very unique!! You sure do have fun on these exchanges. Love the hobbit ears. I've been wondering about the Hobbit movie and found some info on this site: http://the-hobbit-movie.com/2010/04/19/hobbit-part-2-script-handed-in/
    Hope they do get this movie made and that PJ works on this one too so that it is of the same calliper as LOTR movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is a pretty neat pattern on that scarf. I love exchanges... and Ravelry has 3 each month!(though I don't do them all!)
    Thanks for the link on the Hobbit movie. I can hardly wait for it. Peter looks so different since he has lost weight! I think he used to be kind of cute, and now looks a bit odd...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday I want you to spoil me. You're so amazing. I probably say this every time I look at your stuff. Just wow. It seems like everything you make comes out so professional looking and perfect! It's quite rare to find folks as gifted as you are.

    ReplyDelete