Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Alice swap gifts arrive!

I received my Alice in Wonderland swap gifts and they are awesome! Here is a photo of my most fav thing.. the Cheshire Cat! Isn't he adorable?  He is sitting next to my handpainted (by me) Alice in Wonderland teapot. People who really know me, know I don't really like cats, but I have always loved the Cheshire Cat for some reason. Loopiedoo (her online name) did a great job of making him for me. And look what else I got... This oooooh so soft yarn. Baby Alpaca..chunky. 105 yds. I don't know what I will make from it, but it will be fab!
And, all of these other great things! Alice mints, tea in the tin, music from the movie, notepads galore, napkins, bookmark of the cat, baby mock turtle, and a book on how to knit socks!! What a great swap partner!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your Cheshire Cat is so cute!! Looks like soundtracks from the movie also. Wonderful exchange. I just saw the movie and thought is was fabulous!! Johnny Depp looked awesome.

    You did a super job on painting the teapot. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie too! It comes out on DVD next month!
    Thanks about the teapot. It is so completely covered in Alice pictures. The tea party, the caterpillar, the cat, the mock turtle, griffin and Alice. Inside the cup it says Drink me, the handle says Curiouser and curiouser..plus more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carol, you sure did go all out on the teapot! I hope you took pictures on all sides or better yet, made yourself a duplicate, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete