Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Been knitting

I just had to show these. I am REALLY new to colorwork.. but I had to have these Doctor Who Tardis mitts. (the pattern was free on Ravelry).
There is a Doctor Who swap going on now.. and while searching Etsy for ideas, I found some Converse shoes, handpainted... with DW images. They were $180..(now $195 since the swap has begun, huh..)
anyway, I so loved them, and SO could not afford them... I went to my local WM store , bought some black hightops for $10... and painted them myself. I used images I liked, so, they are not exactly like the ones on Etsy.
I LOVE them. I wear them everywhere. Don't care that I am over 50 and wearing something 'young' people would wear. I have watched DW for YEARS, been a fan for years, and by golly, I am showing it. haha! I even bought extra pairs of close out shoes to paint. I haven't decided what to paint on the others yet.. Star Trek...Lord of the Rings...? I will figure it out later, for now, I am having fun wearing these.

No comments:

Post a Comment