Saturday, September 24, 2011

Halloween Knitting

Helllooooo..
I am currently in a Ghost Stories swap on Ravelry, so I am in the mood for making Halloween things. I have most of her things finished, just a couple small things to go.
I have decided to do spiders for Halloween this year. I am knitting the Hansi Singh(sp) Spider at the moment. I had to learn to do a wrap and turn, no problem. I have all the legs finished, and have started the body. I am making it more of a Halloween Orb Weaver. I am knitting the legs and head in black, and the abdomen in Orange. I will duplicate stitch in a weaver pattern on the abdomen in black when it is finished. I would have done it in intarsia or fair isle, but I didn't know and couldn't find out, where I should begin to have it centered on the back.  I have also learned how to M1L and M1R. Oh, how I love the internet! I have learned everything about knitting (correctly) from the internet. My sister showed me how to knit many many years ago, but only the very simple cast on, which I never use now, and actual knitting the stitches.. was all backwards and wrong. Now, I know how to do so much more and correctly, I am having a ball. Watch this page for pics of the Spider to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment