Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chinese Dragon shawl... FINISHED 12-12-12!!!

Yatta! My Dragon shawl is finished! I love it so much! I thought after all the work I did on it, that I wouldn't want to do the beaded edging, but, it needed to be done, and I finished it today, on 12-12-12! What a great way to remember!
Here is the photo.. click on it to see it larger.
It is 68 inches at the widest point, a great size for me! I used around 1000 beads, give or take a few, on the edge. Wow, I can't believe I did it! I actually had to go online to learn to filet crochet, THAT'S how much I wanted this shawl.  I found a mistake on row 16 or so, when I was on row 18, so I had to rip back two rows, but really that was the only problem. I used 4 balls of crochet cotton (it called for 5), but I have heard others used more than 5.  The pattern was in the Interweave Crochet Magazine, Fall 2012.
If you are on Ravelry, you can see my project page (battatter) with pictures from the beginning and LOTS of notes.
Can I say, I LOVE THIS SHAWL!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Shawl too. Thinking about that BAT. I have this one project that I have to do for somebody...I have been paid to do it and then I will check out the Lace Bat again. Love the Shawl. You know...I have never made a crochet shawl before. I have made a few knitted ones and have been working on and off on a tatted one but never a crochet one...which I crochet left handed. That could be a problem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry. I have only knitted one (I am working on two more) shawls, but this one really called to me. I am pretty proud it turned out so well, being as I just learned to filet crochet to make it. My Grandma crocheted left handed, and she crocheted all the time. She always seemed to have a big bag of projects going. haha. But she only did doilies. I think she would have loved something like this, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Where can I find the pattern on this?
    I have looked everywher I think.
    linda.lunda@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete