Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Chinese Dragon Shawl

Well, I haven't been knitting, but I have been crocheting. During the LOTR swap, a shawl was shown that I fell in love with. But the problem was, it was filet crocheted, and I didn't know how to do that (really, I am only a single crochet gal, doing mostly amigurmi, or toys).

So, I hunkered down and went online and learned to filet crochet. It is taking me a while to make this shawl, called the Chinese Dragon shawl, but it is going to be so worth it! I am hoping to have it finished before Christmas.  The pattern is in Interweave Crochet fall 2012. I can't show a picture, 'cos they are copywritten, but here is what I have so far of mine... if you can see, the wings are showing!
I have more than this finished at the moment, but not a recent photo. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment